|Greater location||Mushroom Continent|
|Inhabitants||Koopa Troopas, Piantas, Spikes, Toads, Yoshis|
Toad City is one of the largest cities in the Mushroom Kingdom. It is located on the north-eastern coast of the Mushroom Continent, to the southwest of Mushroom City. The city itself is divided into two sections: A more traditional section with smaller buildings and a circular road layout and a modern section with skyscrapers and bustling activity.
- Main article: Toad Harbor
Toad Harbor is a large harbor and marina located on the north side of the city, on the coast. The harbor itself features a cable car station and a market square, while the area surrounding it is mostly residential, with commercial buildings such as a Coconut Cafe and a Tropical Bakery. A large Toad Toy Store can also be found there. An older fort-like building fills the center of the area, perhaps suggesting this section of the city is very old.
Peach Statue island
A small island off the coast of Toad City where some smaller buildings can be found. The centerpiece of the island is the large statue of Princess Peach, holding a Fire Flower on her left hand and a Super Star on her raised right hand. The island can be reached via a bridge from one of the central roads of the northern district.
Golden Bell Station
One of the central stations in the Super Bell Subway, it is a large building with a long curved glass roof and two train tracks on either side.
A long street with a large brick sidewalk that runs through the center of the north district.
- Main article: Toad's Turnpike
A toll road located on a highway entrance to the south section of the city. Train tracks run above it.
Mario Kart Stadium/Battle Stadium
- Main article: Excitebike Arena
A large oval-shaped arena where motocross races take place. It features a dirt racetrack divided into sections. Sections are removed and randomized for every race, and feature mud spots and ramps with varying heights.
Moo Moo Meadows
- Main article: Moo Moo Meadows
A large hilly area filled with grass and farmland east of Toad City. Moo Moo Farm is located here. Small towns and windmills dot the landscape.
Cheep Cheep Beach
- Main article: Cheep Cheep Beach
A secluded beach found at the end of the long peninsula northeast of Toad City. It features a small beach village populated by Piantas.
Mario Kart 64
During the Mario Kart 64 tournament, Toad City hosted two race tracks: Toad's Turnpike in the Flower Cup and Rainbow Road in the Special Cup. Additionally, the nearby Moo Moo Farm served as a track in the Mushroom Cup.
Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle
Mario Kart DS
Although the city itself did not appear, two nearby locations — Cheep Cheep Beach and Moo Moo Farm — were featured in the Mario Kart DS tournament as tracks in the Mushroom Cup and Shell Cup, respectively.
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart 8
In the Mario Kart 8 tournament, Toad Harbor appeared as a new track in the Mushroom Cup. Additionally, Moo Moo Meadows, Toad's Turnpike and Cheep Cheep Beach returned in the Shell Cup, with Rainbow Road returning in the Lightning Cup.
Super Mario Party
During Super Mario Party, the final board Kamek's Tantalizing Tower was created by Kamek and located high above Toad City. Shell Street is also the location of the first stage of the Challenge Road mode.
- Mario Kart 8 Director Talks DLC, Hyrule Circuit Secrets, and More -- Interview. GameSpot (November 18, 2014). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021.
- Mario Kart 64 - Toad's Turnpike [N64].DeafRetroVideoGamer (February 20th, 2015). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- Mario Kart 64 - Rainbow Road [N64]. DeafRetroVideoGamer (May 8th, 2015). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- Mario Kart 64 - Moo Moo Farm [N64]. DeafRetroVideoGamer (January 3oth, 2015). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- [SNES Satellaview] Excitebike Bunbun Mario Battle Stadium 1 (1997) Longplay. Dolma Kalem (January 7th, 2021). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- Mario Kart DS: Cheep Cheep Beach [1080 HD]. GamerJGB (May 22, 2015). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- Mario Kart Wii: Moo Moo Meadows. GamerJGB (July 8th, 2012). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- Mario Kart 8: Toad Harbor [1080 HD] GamerJGB (May 31, 2014). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Wii Moo Moo Meadows [1080 HD]. GamerJGB (May 22nd, 2017). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- Mario Kart 8: N64 Toad's Turnpike [1080 HD] GamerJGB (June 2nd, 2014). Retrieved June 3rd 2021
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: DS Cheep Cheep Beach [1080 HD]. GamerJGB (May 22nd, 2017). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- Mario Kart 8: N64 Rainbow Road [1080 HD]. GamerJGB (June 3rd, 2014). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- Super Mario Party Walkthrough Part 4 - Kamek's Tantalizing Tower (4 Players). KokiriGaming (October 15th, 2018). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021
- Super Mario Party - Challenge Road - Shell Street: Mario. Games-BnB (June 6th, 2019). Retrieved June 3rd, 2021