Super Mario 3D World
Bowser invaded the Sprixie Kingdom with the Koopa Troop, sealing each of the Sprixie Princess' followers inside bottles. The green Sprixie Princess fled by conjuring up a Glass Pipe to the Mushroom Kingdom.
In the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Princess Peach were strolling through the fireworks when they notice a shifted Glass Pipe in the middle of the road. Mario and Luigi, using their plumbing knowledge, fix the Glass Pipe straight, causing a ton of items from the Sprixie Kingdom to pour out before the Sprixie Princess herself appears. She explains the invasion happening to the four before being finally captured herself by the sudden appearance of Bowser. The four heroes charge inside, transporting themselves to the Sprixie Kingdom.
Right after that, Captain Toad, just recently after his team's recent expedition, went after the group to discover even more treasure inside the Sprixie Kingdom. He would often recoup with the four people to reveal any new Green Stars he has discovered.
Making sure to free all of the seven Sprixie Princesses bottled up inside each of the seven worlds they're stationed in, Bowser makes a sudden appearance to bottle all seven of them at once yet again. He then retreats to Bowser Land, a massive amusement park in his likeness. The four heroes journey on, finding themselves at the Great Tower of Bowser Land where Bowser makes his final stand. Climbing the top of the tower with Bowser trailing behind, using multiple power-ups at his disposal, the heroes find the POW Block at the top, smashing it and launching Bowser off of his own tower.
Bowser is put in a bottle as his punishment. With the Sprixie Kingdom being freed from Bowser's invasion, the four heroes return to the Mushroom Kingdom, the fireworks now in honor of the Sprixies.
The four heroes returned soon after, and the Sprixie Princesses carve up a rocket from inside a boulder for the group to head into World Star. When they reached Super Galaxy, they met up with Rosalina who decided to join them. With five as a team, they reach World Crown and finish the Champion's Road and the Mystery House Marathon. Captain Toad, also there, also found the last few Green Stars there.
- Princess Peach
- Sprixie Princesses
- Captain Toad
- Boom Boom
- Pom Pom
- Boss Brolder
- King Ka-thunk
- Prince Bully
- Motley Bossblob
- Ant Troopers
- Dry Bones
- Piranha Creepers
- Fire Piranha Plants
- Spiny Skipsqueaks
- Snow Pokeys
- Koopa Troopas
- Bullet Bills
- Banzai Bills
- Chargin' Chucks
- Cheep Cheeps
- Coin Coffers
- Lava Bubbles
- The Sprixies are introduced in this game.
- Bowser takes over the Sprixie Kingdom’s Castle and remodels it to resemble his own, possibly after its destruction in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
- Rosalina appears, placing this game after the events of Super Mario Galaxy 2.
- Many Green Stars appear here, placing this title after the events of Super Mario Galaxy 2.
- Mario first transforms into Cat Mario in this title, as the website describes World 1 as “A peaceful grassland where Mario first transforms into Cat Mario.”, placing this title prior to the events of future titles in which Cat Mario appears.
- Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad seem to meet Plessie for the first time here.
- The Toad Brigade appear, but Mail Toad and Toadette are absent. While Toadette was left in the Mushroom Kingdom at the end of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mail Toad’s absence is never expanded upon, likely placing this title before his return in Super Mario Odyssey.
- "The Sprixie Princess and her followers have been captured by Bowser!", Super Mario 3D World OST CD
-  Packattack04082 (December 4, 2013). Retrieved October 8, 2022
- "World 1. A peaceful grassland where Mario first transforms into Cat Mario."