Santa himself spreads annual wintertime jolly, his catchphrase is "ho, ho, ho!" and decides if anyone's been naughty or nice. He gives out presents to children, all inside his big bag, and those presents are power-up items. Santa delivers these presents by going down the chimney and leaving them behind while everyone's asleep.
- "Another red hat beloved by children." -Santa Hat, Super Mario Odyssey
- "Mario makes a pretty convincing Santa with his red coat and snowy white beard." -Mario Kart Tour Twitter
- "The Jingle Bells kart rides well in any terrain, from rush-hour traffic to the side of a snowy mountain! Want to feel like Santa?" -Mario Kart Tour Twitter
- "Not only the fastest sled around, the fastest vehicle of any kind, ever. Ever." -Santa's Sleigh description, Wario Land: Shake It!
- Mario (Santa)'s voice line
- "This year, Bowser will decide if you've been naughty or nice in #MarioKartTour!" -Mario Kart Tour Twitter
- "The only thing this outfit is missing is a big bag of power-up items for the kids." -Santa Outfit, Super Mario Odyssey
- "Santa Claus isn't the only one who can go down a chimney!" -Super Mario 64
- Mario receives power-up items after sleeping in Shiver City
- "I ain't sensed real good blow-stuff-up vibes in... 1,500 years! Sss-POOOM!" -Boomer, Super Paper Mario
- "You stay up wonderin' if anyone ever gives presents TO Santa Claus." -Boomer, Super Paper Mario